Friday, July 07, 2006

Wars we Fight

Well Tomorrow is Mexico Missions day. If you are looking for specific info, look one post down. I am really excited, its going to be a great day. But this past Wednesday we looked at the start of James chapter 4 and learned about 3 different types of wars we fight. Sometimes we war against ourselves, other times its against other people, and finally sometimes we war against God. looking at the text we learned the best way to win a war is not to fight. Now this doesn't mean when someone wants to fight you you run away fast as lightining, although that may work at times, what James is telling us is dont put yourself in situations where wars could start. If we don't get jealous about things other people have we are a lot less likely to want to fight them over it. If we have a strong prayer life and chill with God we are less likely to befriend the world, which is the enemy of God. And all i know is I i dont want to be an enemy of God, cause i know He would win hands down!

So as i scoured the internet as i normally do looking for the newest gadgets and accessories for our modern day like I happened across this pen. Now i like pens a lot, I even have "my own pen" Its Green, much like Amped, and it is called a Pilot Precises V5. You can see it to the right. My trick to life is I am the only person that I know that buys this pen. I buy them 12 at a time. The secret is that if I ever see someone using this pen i know they stole it from me, cause first its a weird kind of pen and secondly it is green. the college pastor Brandon kept writing in green and i called him a thief then i bought him the same type of pen but in Dodger Blue. But let me get to my point now, i found this pen today. Not only does it have a radio built into it, cause i have seen that before. This has a paper shredder built into it. So when you are passing notes is class and you're writing about something personal and the school bully walks up to you, you used to have to either let him/her read the note, or quickly swallow it, which is dangerous and hard to digest, but now you can quickly shred it. Now no one will know the contents of your note.

No comments: