Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ordained

This past Sunday, Evan was ordained. Ordination is a really cool thing, in fact it is somewhat similar to be knighted. I was so happy that we could have Jr. High there and my family came out for the ceremony. If you missed the service, it is archived online, just like every service at Ocean Hills, and you can watch it here. The ceremony is at the very end of the service. Many people have asked me what exactly is an ordination, so here is what it is. Ordination is given by the church you are at and it is the leadership of the church saying "We fully support this man in his ministry". So its pretty sweet. By being ordained and being licensed by the state I can also preform weddings, which is pretty cool. So to all you Jr Highers when you graduate JHigh, then graduate HS, then go to college, meet your future spouse, and then graduate college, I would love to preform the ceremony! Or maybe I can at least get an invitation.

No comments: