Tuesday, August 10, 2010

God ... Everything ... and You

So as the title for this week implies, our psalm talks a little about God and everything (everything includes you), but it also steps back and touches on the opportunity to have a one on one relationship with the God who created everything. We have a really short Psalm this week, but it's one that is quite powerful ... Pay Attention! - Psalm 24



Verses 1-6 As a boy growing up, there were times where I had a horribly messy room - maybe not as bad as the picture above, but sometimes it felt like it. On the other hand, even when my room looked like a tornado rolled through it, I was still able to find the things I cared about - my cell phone, my back-pack, my computer, my baseball stuff. There was always so much going on in my room, but I had it under control - it was no longer a messy room to me ... it was just artistic living. Now think about GOD. David says that God is the creator of everything ... the grass in your front yard, the tree you fell out of and broke your arm, the lake your family visits every year, the massive oceans separating continents, the earth, the sun ... the universe. Man, talk about a messy room. Not to say that God is chaotic, but He certainly does have a lot of stuff going on - a massive list of things He has to know. But David continues ... who can stand in the presence of this Holy God? Who is worthy? Who is able? Me? You? ... no way jose'. Even though God is the creator of the universe, and even though He literally has a million other things to worry about ... He drops everything - just to be with you. Amazing. Psalm 139:17-18 tells us that God's thoughts towards us are as numerous as the grains of sand on the Earth. Jeremiah tells us that God has planned to give us a future and a hope. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John showed the reality of these promises through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Does that mean for one second that we are worthy? Does that mean the answer to David's questions is "MEEEE"? No, but ... just like when I was a young boy and my room was filled with garbage - God looks at creation and he knows where you're at. I cared about my computer ... God cares about you.

Verses 7-10 The second part of this Psalm is a bit different, but the question we're basically given here is this - Is God your king? Are you loyal to Him and no one else? Do you bow at His feet? Do you heed his commands? Truly, these are questions worth considering. If the "King of Kings" is willing to search through creation to find you ... as little as you are ... are you willing to return the favor? God is the "King of glory" ... but is he yours?

See you all later this week!
-Chris

No comments: