Thursday, August 10, 2006

Patience

So last night we looked at James 5 verses 7-12. We saw how we should patiently be waiting for Jesus' return. I shared how much i hate waiting in line. To be honest i have thought about auditioning for American Idol. I can't sing at all, I'm pretty out of tune, cracks in my voice, and sound worse than a latenight cat, but I am the only person I know that knows the lyrics to "Its the End of the World" by REM. So i figured i would sing that just for fun. But i won't for a few reasons, but mainly because i would never wait in the line. The photo to the left is part of the line for American Idol. But James calls us to wait patiently for Jesus' return. Just as the farmer is patient for his crops, we need to be patient. We also sw how we shouldn't grumble against people or point fingers and say, "He did it" or "Not my fault!" Because God is the final Judge and He has all knowledge and we can't trick Him. So whenever we do something, we should know that no part of it will be hidden, even our thoughts, because God will judge for all actions and thoughts. So as we wait for Him we should live upright lives and be excited when He comes to judge. If we have been living upright lives, then judgement is a good thing.

No comments: